B.F. Environmental Consultants Inc. of
Green jobs have been growing rapidly in the
These course can help to train future professionals and contractors in the following areas:
2. Discuss Green Energy Management and Optimization.
3. Explain Sustainable Design Concepts.
5. Describe Green Construction Techniques.
6. Choose Certification Options for both Individuals and the Organization.
7. Begin Preparing Energy Audits.
This course concludes with information on testing, certification, and accreditation, including a look at the LEED program, BPI Program, and the NAHB Green Home Certification Program.
This program has 4 training objectives or paths. The first training option, Green Infrastructure Guidelines Certification Program, focuses on the development of a long-term view and cost analysis of infrastructural design as it relates to buildings, site assessment, utilities, stormwater/water management, landscape selection, and construction practices. The second option targets the design/ operation of high performance commercial buildings to maximize operational energy savings; improve comfort, health, and safety of occupants and visitors; and limit detrimental effects on the environment and is the Green Building Commercial Certification Program. The third training option focuses on Green Remodeling for residential construction, with particular emphasis on building evaluation, deconstruction, handling of hazardous waste, materials recycling and reuse, energy conservation, indoor air quality, use of environmentally safe products, design principles, and system planning and construction best practice. This program is titled the Residential Green Remodeling - Design, Construction, and Certification Program. The four training option is the Residential Green Building Design and Construction certification program this course takes a close look at green building in relation to main aspects of design and construction, including issues dealing with sites, landscaping, foundations, frames, exterior finishes, plumbing, appliances, insulation, ventilation, windows, finishes, energy management, and flooring.
Program #1- Green Infrastructure Guidelines Certification Program (8 different Courses - 15 hours)
This program outlines the range of "Green" possibilities available in Infrastructure. Special consideration has been given to urban variables, such as scale, age, and proximity. Consideration has also been given to the type of infrastructure work addressed in order to illustrate practices that promise the most benefits.
It is for those involved in Infrastructure planning, design, construction and maintenance. After completing this course, you will be able to:
1.Assess sites and identify opportunities to implement Best Management Practices (BMP’s)including soil testing, hydrologic analysis, vegetation assessment, and invasive species evaluation.
2. Have working knowledge of a template for design and implementation of
3. Understand pavement lifecycles, pervious vs. impervious pavement, albedo or reflectivity of pavement, pavement materials, devising a materials program, and different material applications.
4. Understand mechanisms to affect right-of-way construction by private utilities, technology to minimize pavement damage and degradation, and the upgrades to utility installation and maintenance.
5. Understand integrated stormwater management planning, water pollution prevention, construction runoff prevention, surface pre-treatments for filtering runoff, catch basin inserts and water quality inlets, detention and infiltration structures, and constructed wetlands.
6. Understand construction practices such as site protection, plan development, protecting water sources and planted areas, developing waste management and recycling plans, and minimizing construction and recycling impacts.
Program # 2 - Green Building Commercial Certification Program (15 hours)
High performance buildings maximize operational energy savings; improve comfort, health, and safety of occupants and visitors; and limit detrimental effects on the environment. This program provides instruction in the new methodologies that form the underpinnings of high performance commercial and municipal buildings. Coverage includes how these practices may be implemented within existing frameworks of municipal capital project administration and facility management.
These Guidelines promote careful study of all stages in project development to ensure the fiscal integrity of the commercial project. They also encourage the formulation of responsible budgets at the planning stage. Further, they help the design team to identify any high performance cost premiums (together with cost savings) and to justify them to the Owner’s satisfaction. This course is valuable to those in Architecture, Project Management, and Engineering who will likely be involved in developing applications for LEED certification for their buildings.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Describe Green Building Principles and Practices as they apply to Commercial Buildings.
2. Recognize how to raise expectations for the facilities performance.
3. Implement these improved practices that improve the capital budgeting design and construction practices, thus promoting investments that make economic and environmental sense.
4. Implement these improved practices through the use of comprehensive pilot high performance building efforts and incremental use of individual high performance strategies on projects of limited scope.
5. Save money through reduced energy and material expenditures, waste disposal costs and utility bills.
6. Improve the comfort, health, and well-being of building occupants and public visitors.
7. Design buildings with improved performance that can be operated and maintained within the limits of existing and future resources.
Program # 3 - Residential Green Remodeling - Design, Construction, and Certification Program (15-hour)
This 15-hour program provides a comprehensive treatment of Green Remodeling. Emphasis is on how Green Remodeling differs from
This course is particularly valuable to individuals who need an overview of
After completing this course you will be able to articulate and implement:
2. Sustainable Design Concepts
3. Deconstruction and Recycling Methods
4. Green Construction Techniques
6. Green Energy Management and Optimization
7. Certification Options for Individuals and the Home
This course is particularly valuable to individuals who need an overview of
Other Job Training and Certification Programs
Certified Environmental Professional
Energy Auditor Training Program
Commercial Energy Audit Software
Home Energy Audit Software
Energy Auditor Courses
Energy Auditor Training
Commercial Energy Audit Certification
LEED and Green Building Training Certification Courses
Green Building with Steel - Part 4: Framing With Steel Studs
Green Building: Commercial High Performance Guidelines Part 1
16 Hour Florida FCILB and LEED Green Associate Qualification Commercial Package
16 Hour Virginia Engineer Green Building Package
Sustainability Professional Certification
AIA Sustainable Design Program (USGBC)
LEED- AP Program (credential maintenance)- Building Design (BD+C) - 30 hours(USGBC)
LEED- AP Program (credential maintenance)- Building Operation - 31 hours (USGBC)
LEED AP Building Design and Construction Exam Prep
LEED AP Building Operations and maintenance Exam Prep
LEEP AP Interior Design and Construction Exam Prep
LEEP AP New Home Exam Prep
Green Associate - LEED Exam Prep
LEED Green Associate Qualification Certificate - Green Building Principles
LEED Green Associate Qualification Certificate - Principles and Exam Prep
LEED - Green Associates Courses (USGBC)
University of Tennessee Certificate in Sustainable Design & Green Buildings
Wetland Education and Training - Inland Restoration; Wetland Delineation (Basics)
National Drillers Training Courses - Drilling Safety, Monitoring Well Design/ Install, and